What is NEET UG?
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is one and only entrance exam in order to secure admissions in India for MBBS and BDS courses. The duration for the exam is of 3 hours and 20 minutes and is conducted once a year in an offline mode.
The medical entrance exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in order to secure admissions in India for MBBS, BDS, Veterinary, BSc Nursing, AYUSH, and many other medical/paramedical courses.
Every year, almost 15 lakh medical aspirants appear for this entrance examination and the exam is conducted in 13 different languages.
The EXAM Date
The NEET exam for the year 2022 is scheduled for 17th July for a duration of three hours and 20 minutes and the admit card for the same will be issued during the first week of July.
It is also expected that the NTA will release the city of exam soon so that the applicants can plan accordingly in the best possible way.
What are some of the Changes introduced this Year?
For the year 2022, there are few changes which have been introduced for the examination:
- The good news for all aspirants is that there is an increase in the duration for the examination. Earlier the exam was held for 3 hours and this year 20 minutes have been added. So, the duration of the exam for the year 2022 is 3 hours and 20 minutes.
- The application fee has been increased by 100 Rs with regards to different candidate categories.
- The number of cities for the exam has also increased to 14 in abroad and 543 in India.
These changes will encourage the aspirants to prepare for the exam with more efforts and dedication and instil positive energy in them.
This will also reduce the level of stress among the students in case if any.
Highlights for NEET UG 2022
The following factors are the important highlights for NEET UG 2022:
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)
Undergraduate (UG) Exam at National Level
National Testing Agency (NTA)
Once a year
Offline or Paper Pencil Based Test (PBT)
18 lakhs (Approx.)
Courses Offered Through NEET UG
MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BVSC & AH
3 hours and 20 minutes
- INR 1,600 (General)
- INR 1,500 (OBC)
- INR 900 (Reserved category candidates)
- INR 8,500 (Foreign nationals)
200 (180 to be attempted)
- +4 for each correct answer
- -1 for each incorrect answer
Number of Exam Cities
Language/Medium of Paper
13 Languages - English, Hindi, Marathi, Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Odiya, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, and Telugu
Total Number of Seats
- MBBS - 90,825
- BDS - 27,948
- BAMS - 52,720
- BVSc & AH - 630
NEET Official Website
NEET Helpline Numbers
Last Minute Tips and Tricks to crack NEET 2022 on First Attempt
- Aspirants appearing for NEET 2022 must be aware with the exam syllabus and pattern.
- They should prepare a list of books they need to refer in order to score well on the NEET exam.
- Aspirants must refer to NCERT books so that they can complete the topics in the syllabus.
- Aspirants must prepare a fixed routine and make a habit to follow it strictly. They should not follow a strict schedule which might leave them exhausted.
- Another most important thing in order to prepare NEET UG is to solve sample papers and mock tests.
- As the importance of all the sections are equal in the entrance exam, it is advisable for all the aspirants to give equal attention to all sections and subjects in order to score well or maintain a balance score.
- It is also advisable that aspirants should take mock tests on regular basis, as it would help to develop an understanding of their weak and strong areas and should plan strategies accordingly for the preparation of different topics or subjects.
- It is also important to maintain a healthy environment for preparation, maintain a balance diet, and take good care of your health. Also, do not forget to take short breaks when you are studying for too long intervals.
- It is also suggested that aspirants should prepare a list of all wrong answers and revise it on a daily basis. Also, you need to be careful about not repeating same mistakes and errors. This will encourage you to improve your learning capability while preparation.
- Aspirants need to put in extra efforts and work really hard on their weaker areas.
- Even if you are thorough with a specific chapter, subject or topic you still need to make sure that you revise the topics on regular intervals.
- Test yourself to check your learning progress after every revision.
- If you are finding it difficult to retain a particular concept or topic you can try innovative ideas such as making flashcards.
- Aspirants should gather all relevant and important notes, study material and information so that they can crack NEET on first attempt.
- In order to crack NEET on first attempt, revision is extremely important.
- When the exam date is near, do not touch a new topic which might create confusion in your mind resulting in stress generation.
- Try to create an exam like environment, which will help you to handle stress more efficiently.
- Aspirants are advised to acquire as much knowledge as possible by the means of online information from different websites by watching NEET preparation videos such as Patshala and MyOnlineShiksha website.
- Aspirants can also watch testimonials and videos of students and get in touch with your seniors who have already appeared and scored well to get an idea about their method of preparation.
- In order to get an idea for the upcoming NEET exam, it is extremely important that aspirants solve last year's test papers as it will help them to know which topics are extremely important and understand the level of the exam.
- Sometimes it becomes difficult for the aspirants to cover all topics, hence in that case, they should know which topics to focus on and the specific topics from where they can score more.
- Always take the advice and guidance from the expert professors in your coaching classes or college on how to crack NEET on first attempt.
- Aspirants should always maintain a positive attitude towards the examination as it will affect your preparation a lot. Keeping a negative attitude will only make you lose interest and confidence both.
- It is also important for the aspirants to stay connected with their family and friends through social networking such as WhatsApp, Instagram, etc.