An Overview about Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
Established in the year 2011, Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital is one of the most famous medical institutes in the People’s Republic of Bangladesh which is approved by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC) and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The college provides a comprehensive medical education program with a comprehensive curriculum that includes basic and clinical sciences, research and community medicine. The college has a highly qualified faculty and well-equipped laboratories. Students are taught by experienced teachers and clinical instructors and have access to modern medical technologies and diagnostic facilities.
The college provides a wide range of facilities for its students, such as hostels, library, cafeteria and recreational areas. The college also has a state-of-the-art hospital located in Dhaka, which is used for clinical training and research.
The college offers several post-graduate courses in various disciplines, such as Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Anesthesiology, Community Medicine and Pathology. The college also has a research Centre and a Centre for medical education and training.
Located in Maghbazar, Dhaka, the college is very well connected to the city through several modes of transportation such as bus, train, rickshaw, auto-rickshaw and taxi. The college has a sprawling green campus with a lush garden and a pond which makes the environment pleasant and conducive to study.
The college provides the students with ample opportunity to explore and learn the various aspects of medical science. The college also has modern laboratories, classrooms, and lecture halls which are equipped with state-of-the-art technology. The college offers various degree courses such as MBBS, BDS, and MD. The college also provides an excellent student support system with an efficient administrative and management staff.
The college also provides excellent co-curricular activities and sports facilities. There are also several clubs and societies that provide an opportunity for students to participate in various events and activities. The college also has a library with a large collection of books and journals. The college also provides a safe and secure environment for the students.
About the City, Maghbazar, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Dhaka is the most populous city in Bangladesh, and one of the most densely populated cities in the world. It is the administrative, economic, political, and cultural hub of the country.
Dhaka is known for its historic sites, traditional Mughal architecture, and vibrant culture. It is home to some of the world's oldest universities, such as the University of Dhaka, as well as a large number of international organizations, such as the United Nations. The city has recently been undergoing rapid development, with many new skyscrapers, shopping malls, and other infrastructure being built.
Dhaka is also a major tourist destination, with many attractions, such as the Ahsan Manzil palace, the National Parliament Building, and the Bangladesh National Museum. The city is also renowned for its vibrant street food and nightlife.
Maghbazar is a neighborhood in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is located in the old part of the city and is a bustling commercial center, with many shops, markets, restaurants, and other businesses. It is also home to a number of historical sites, including the Maghbazar Mosque and the Maghbazar Clock Tower.
It is situated in the western part of the city, near the junction of Dhaka-Mymensingh Highway and Dhaka-Tangail Highway. It is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Dhaka, and is known for its traditional shopping experience. The market is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, offering a wide range of goods and services. It is also home to a number of restaurants, cafes, and other entertainment venues.
Aims & Objectives of Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
- To provide quality medical education to the students by providing them with a comprehensive knowledge and skills in the field of medicine and healthcare.
- To promote high standards of healthcare delivery through advanced medical treatments and services.
- To encourage research and development in the field of medical science and technology and to develop new approaches to medical care.
- To promote and foster collaboration between healthcare professionals, academic institutions and industry.
- To promote and support the use of modern technology and equipment in the practice of medicine.
- To create a healthy and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- To promote ethical practices in healthcare and to ensure the highest standards of care.
- To promote a culture of understanding and appreciation of the diversity of cultures, religions and beliefs.
- To create a supportive environment for learning and development of medical students, staff and faculty.
- To promote the importance of preventive health care, health education, and health promotion.
- To provide quality and affordable healthcare services to the people of Bangladesh.
- To promote research and innovation in the field of medical science.
- To train and equip medical professionals with the latest medical knowledge and technologies to provide better patient care.
- To create an environment of excellence in medical education and healthcare services.
- To develop an effective system of health care delivery and management.
- To promote and strengthen community health services.
- To develop a comprehensive system of medical education, training and research.
- To collaborate with other medical institutions and organizations in the region to promote public health.
- To improve the quality of life for the people of Bangladesh by providing preventive, curative and rehabilitative health care services.
Quick highlights about Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
While shortlisting any medical university in order to pursue the course of MBBS, medical aspirants needs to take many factors into consideration as the profession of medicine is one such field that deals with the lives of human beings. Furthermore, one must check the fee structure, admission process, hostel facilities, etc. before finalizing a university. It is also important to check the university's reputation, alumni network, placement opportunities, and other available resources to ensure that one is getting the best education and facilities for the money spent. Some of the quick highlights of Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital are as follows:
|Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh (SIMC)
|Year of Establishment
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission
||50% in PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
||6 years (with internship)
|Medium of Education
|Total Tuition Fees (Approx.)
Faculties at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
The college offers an efficient virtual learning system to students and faculty members. The college also provides its students with a well-equipped laboratory, internet access, and other necessary resources. The college has also established several student organizations such as the Student Council, Student Advisory Board, and the Student Leadership Council to promote student engagement and provide a platform for students to interact and share ideas. The college also offers a variety of extracurricular activities such as dance and music classes, art workshops, and sports activities. Some of the faculties of the college are as follows:
- General Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Dentistry Faculty
- Faculty of Obstetrics
- Faculty of Radiology
- Faculty of Gynecology
Accreditation and Recognition of Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
It is also important to ensure that the medical university is recognized by the Medical Councils all across the globe. The medical university should also have a good faculty, modern infrastructure and well-equipped laboratories to provide quality education to aspiring medical students. It is also important to verify the accreditation of the university and its courses. Some of the recognitions of the medical college are as follows:
- Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC)
- University Of Dhaka
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Council (NMC)
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. (MHFW.)
Why Pursue MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital?
The quality of education and training of Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital is up to the required standard and the medical university should also provide a curriculum which is in line with the latest advances in medicine which will also enable the students to stay updated with the latest developments in the field of medicine. Some of the advantages of studying MBBS in this medical institute are as follows:
- One of the best advantages is that the medical university not only provides good infrastructure and facilities, both in terms of equipment and faculty but it also provides teaching staff that have adequate experience and qualifications for teaching the course of MBBS.
- The medical university also provides clinical exposure and internship programs for the students. This will give the students an opportunity to apply the knowledge gained during their coursework and get hands-on experience.
- After the completion of the course, it is also important that the medical graduates get to practice in the hospitals of the universities they are pursuing their course of MBBS and the medical colleges in Bangladesh provides all its aspirants with this opportunity. This will ensure that the student can find a suitable job after the completion of the course.
- The medical institute is offering the course of MBBS at an extremely affordable tuition fees when compared to other medical universities in different countries. This makes it easier for international aspirants to afford their medical studies.
- This medical institute has a good reputation for providing quality education and the medical courses are taught by experienced medical professionals. This ensures that the students are well-equipped to take up professional jobs in the medical field.
- The cost of living in Bangladesh, even in the capital city of Dhaka is relatively low when compared to other countries. This makes it easier for international aspirants to manage their expenses while studying the course of MBBS in Bangladesh.
- In addition to this, the medical college is also providing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on clinical experience by working in the hospitals. This helps the students to gain practical knowledge and skills which will help them in their professional life.
- Studying in a foreign country also provides students with the opportunity to explore the culture of the country and gain a better understanding of the people. This helps in broadening the horizons of the students and provides them with a better understanding of the world.
- Pursuing MBBS in this medical college also provides students with the opportunity to explore job opportunities in the medical field. This helps the students to gain better employment prospects in the future.
- It is one of the best medical colleges located in Bangladesh which is affiliated with the University of Dhaka.
- The college offers a five-year MBBS program recognized by the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC).
- It has a well-equipped campus with all the modern amenities and facilities such as a library, laboratories, lecture halls, etc.
- The college also has a medical center which provides medical services to the local community.
- The college also offers postgraduate programs in various medical specialties.
- The college has a highly qualified faculty which is well-versed in the latest medical technologies.
- The college has a strong infrastructure in terms of infrastructure and teaching facilities.
- The college also provides a number of scholarships and fee waivers to the deserving students.
- The college also has a strong network of alumni who are working in various medical fields both in Bangladesh and abroad.
Eligibility Criteria to Pursue MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
All the medical aspirants interested in pursuing MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital need to meet the following criteria mentioned below in order to secure MBBS admissions:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the main subjects.
- The minimum aggregate marks required in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together should be 50% for general category candidates and 40% for reserved category candidates.
- All the aspirants interested in pursuing the course of MBBS in this college must be between the age of 17 and 25 years.
- All the Indian medical aspirants must have a valid NEET score.
- International medical aspirants need to have a valid address proof such as domicile certificate, Aadhar card etc.
- All the international medical aspirants must have a valid passport.
- The student must be medically fit as per the prescribed medical standards.
- Medical aspirants must secure in Class 10th/ SSC/ 'O' level or comparable examinations a minimum aggregate GPA of 7.
- During the 12th-grade level aspirants need to score a minimum grade point average (GPA) in Biology which is 3.5.
- The GPA at 'O' level is computed as total grades in the top five courses divided by 5 so, the best 5 grades in the subjects are considered to determine the GPA against the marks acquired in the SSC/'O' level examination or any similar examination.
- The GPA at 'A' level is calculated as total grades in all top three courses divided by three and this is why the best three grades in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology are taken into consideration to determine the GPA against the marks received in the HSC/'A' level examination or any similar examination.
Admission Procedure for the course of MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
The admission procedure is one of the most important steps in order to get into any medical college in order to pursue the course of MBBS. Moreover the admission procedure is very simple and easy in Bangladeshi medical universities and they are as follows:
Step 1: Medical aspirants need the fill the complete application form correctly.
Step 2: Along with the application form, aspirants need to submit other academic documents and educational documents like X & XII mark sheets, Birth Certificate, NEET scorecard in case of Indian aspirants and Passport size photographs.
Step 3: After receiving the student’s application, the university will send a conformational offer letter for Dr Sirajul Islam Medical College admission. After the Admission or Confirmation letter has been received by the university, international medical aspirants will then have to apply for visa invitation letter by submitting their passport.
Step 4: Once the Visas has been stamped, the final admission procedure has been completed and the aspirants are all set to leave for their study destination.
Step 5: After reaching the university, aspirants need to submit their original academic documents along with the passport in the university office.
Documents required during the admission procedure for the course of MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
In order to secure MBBS admissions in this medical college, aspirants need to submit the following documents during the admission procedure:
- Firstly, all the aspirants need to submit the accurately filled complete application form of the university they are planning to get into for the course of MBBS.
- Aspirants need to submit all the attested photocopies of 10th & 12th Mark sheet, Equivalent certificates along with the application form.
- Not only this, it is important for the aspirants to have a passing certificate during the time of MBBS admission.
- At the time of the admission, the school leaving certificate and migration certificate are some of the most important documents that all the aspirants need to have.
- Moving ahead, it is also important for the aspirants to submit the MBBS admission fee receipt for the first-year course of the medical program.
- At the time of the admission procedure for the course of MBBS, aspirants are also expected to submit their Birth certificate.
- Not to forget Indian medical aspirants planning to pursue MBBS in Abroad also need to submit their NEET scorecard along with other academic documents during the admission procedure in any international medical university.
- At the time of the admission procedure, all the international medical aspirants are required to submit a valid passport along with 4 copies of recent passport size attested photographs.
- Aspirants are also required to submit HIV Reports and other medical health fitness certificate during the time of the admission procedure.
- Aspirants are also required to submit their identity proof such as Aadhar card and other nationality card.
MBBS Syllabus at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital follows the international curriculum for the course of MBBS so that the aspirants can acquire knowledge on par with the latest technology and development in the field of medical education. The MBBS syllabus at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital are as follows:
||1 year and 6 months
||Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry
||First Professional MBBS
||Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
||Second Professional MBBS
||Pharmacology & therapeutics, Pathology and microbiology
||Third Professional MBBS
||1 year and 6 months
||ENT, Eye, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopedic, Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine
||Final Professional MBBS
Medium of Teaching at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital keep in mind their international medical aspirants due to which the medium of teaching in this medical institute is English which is beneficial for both national as well as international aspirants.
MBBS Duration at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
The duration for pursuing the course of MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College is mentioned below:
- Firstly, the course of MBBS in all the Bangladeshi medical universities has a fixed duration which is for 5 years and 6 months.
- Adding to it, in Bangladesh the course is divided into 3 phases which are pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and clinical phases.
- Moreover, in Bangladesh all the medical colleges follow a semester system and each semester has 6 months.
Hostel & Accommodation at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
Some of the best hostel and accommodation facilities provided by Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital to all its international medical aspirants are as follows:
- The hostel is situated within the campus of the Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College, providing easy access to the various classrooms, laboratories, and other facilities. The hostel also provides transportation services for students to and from the college.
- There are security cameras in all the hostel rooms and other areas, ensuring that all students are safe. The hostel also provides medical services for any medical emergency. In addition to this, the hostel provides internet access to the students. This ensures that the students can stay connected with their families and friends and also have access to the latest academic resources.
- The hostel also provides a range of recreational facilities which include a volleyball court, basketball court, badminton court, cricket pitch, and a jogging track. There are also separate gymnasiums for boys and girls. The college also provides its students with a library, computer labs and other facilities. The hostel also has a prayer room and a canteen. All the hostel rooms are air-conditioned and can accommodate up to four people at a time, making it a very comfortable place to stay.
- The hostel is equipped with all the necessary amenities like Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, laundry, and 24-hour power supply. The college management has made sure that all students feel comfortable and at home in the hostel.
- The medical college also provides accommodation to its students in nearby hotels and guest houses, depending on the availability. These hotels and guest houses are well equipped with modern amenities and are located in close proximity. The students can avail of transportation facilities and other services provided by the college.
- The hostel also provides a variety of amenities to the students. This includes an indoor gym, basketball and badminton courts, and a yoga area. The hostel also has a convenience store, a library, and an internet cafe. The library is well-stocked with books and magazines, and the internet cafe has several computers with high-speed internet access. In addition, the hostel also has a medical centre, which is equipped with a doctor and a nurse on duty, who are always willing to help students with their medical needs. The hostel is also equipped with a laundry room and a canteen.
Life of Students at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
All the medical aspirants are provided with a huge number of facilities at the university which not only takes care of the physical but also the mental health of the students:
- The university also organizes various seminars and workshops to enhance the knowledge of the students.
- The college also provides medical facilities to the students if they are in any medical condition.
- The university also provides career guidance and counseling sessions to the students.
- The college also provides scholarships to the students based on their academic performance.
- The college also provides psychological counseling and support to its students so that they can cope up with their academic stress.
- Overall, Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College provides its students with a supportive and enriching environment that allows them to pursue their academic and career goals.
The MBBS Fee Structure at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
The fees structure for Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital is extremely affordable and low and international medical aspirants can acquire in depth medical education at such a low fee structure without any financial burden. Following mentioned table showcases the fees structure of the college:
|Fees in Indian Rupees
*Aspirants please make a Note: $1 = Rs.70
Apart from the tuition fees, aspirants need to keep in mind that the food charges, one-time charges, registration charges, flight tickets, etc. will be additional expenses that every aspirant will have to bear during their stay for the course of MBBS for the duration of five years.
Also, with regards to the fees structure, it may vary as per the change in currency.